A while back, I posted about how I vented my microwave through an exterior wall. One of our readers asked whether the way I did it was “up to code”. It was, but I had forgotten to include in my post a photo of the duct work piece that showed that it was. Meeting code for duct work is important, but meeting code for electrical work may be even more important.
The December/January 2012 issue of The Family Handyman magazine has an excellent article, entitled
“The 8 Most Common Electrical Code Violations”.
The article lists those 8 code violations along with lots of helpful additional points on both electrical installation and repairs. A couple of areas the article addresses include
If you subscribe to The Family Handyman, you should be able to read the article on line. If not, you should pick up a copy of the December/January 2012 issue.
Complying with the electrical code helps reduce fires and electrical accidents. An electrical burn can cause much more serious injury than a fire burn. And electrocution accidents happen all the time, not just to electricians or folks working on home electrical projects, but also to people working on other projects. Frequent victims are
Christopher Simmons is a homeowner in the Raleigh, North Carolina area who enjoys home improvement projects.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.